Qvo6 is promoted mainly through software download websites and freeware. Once installed, this browser hijacker will make http://www.Qvo6.com your homepage. It will also come up when you open new tab. Searching directly from omnibox in Google Chrome or from address bar will load results from entirely different search engine search.globososo.com. If you will use Qvo6 custom search it will surprisingly redirect you to Google search engine.
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the]
screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove eSave Security Control, Qvo6 toolbar, New Tabs Uninstall, Desk 365,BrowserProtect and any other recently installed application. As I said earlier, this application is rarely listed as Qvo6 in the currently installed programs list. So, either look for applications mentioned here or try to remember what software you installed recently. It's probably the culprit.
Simply select the application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, clickUninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Qvo6 from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon. Select Settings.
2. Click Set pages under the On startup.
Remove Qvo6.com by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.
3. Click Show Home button under Appearance. Then click Change.
Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save changes.
4. Click Manager search engines button under Search.
Select Google or any other search engine you like from the list and make it your default search engine provider.
Select Qvo6 from the list and remove it by clicking the "X" mark as shown in the image below.
5. Right-click the Google Chrome shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
Or Goto RUN,Type %Appdata% and Enter..
6. Select Shortcut tab and remove "http://www.qvo6.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Chrome executable file. Nothing more.
Remove Qvo6 from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Qvo6 search icon as shown in the image below and select Manage Search Engines....
2. Select Qvo6 from the list and click Remove to remove it. Click OK to save changes.
3. In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue.
In the search filter at the top, type: Qvo6
Now, you should see all the preferences that were changed by Qvo6. Right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. Reset all found preferences!
4. Right-click the Mozilla Firefox shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
5. Select Shortcut tab and remove "http://www.qvo6.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Firefox executable file.
Remove Qvo6 in Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons.
2. Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Live Search search engine and make it your default web search provider (Set as default).
3. Select Qvo6 and click Remove to remove it. Close the window.
4. Right-click the Internet Explorer shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
5. Select Shortcut tab and remove "http://www.qvo6.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Internet Explorer executable file.
6. Finally, go to Tools → Internet Options and restore your home page to default. That's it!